welcome home teapot

welcome home teapot

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MCDONALD'S PROSPERITY BURGER

Every year, as Chinese New Year approaches,
I eagerly look forward to a very unChinese
but crucial (for me, anyway) aspect of the Lunar New Year.
As I grow older (and my waist grows thicker),
I try to stay away from fast food.
But when Chinese New Year is around the corner,
the PROSPERITY BURGER beckons with its seductive taste and texture.
And I tell myself, "What the heck, life is short"
And some spoil-sport of a friend would warn;
"And it will be shorter if you gobble down that burger"
Well, I am glad to say that just this evening, after work;
A like-minded friend joined me in a once-a-year gastronomical pleasure of burger paradise.
There is no point in me describing to you how good it is.
You have to experience it for yourself.
And you have to eat it at the restaurant.
No such thing as takeaway.
Oh, and you also have to suspense all feelings and thoughts of guilt and diet.
Otherwise the pleasure will be diminished.
Oh dear, I think I just might have to change the "once-a-year" rule to "at least once a year"

No comments: